My name is Terri and I am a BABCP accredited CBT therapist. I currently work at The Priory Hospital Southampton as a CBT Therapist working with both in-patients and out-patients, and in addition I have my own private practice. Prior to this I worked as a CBT Therapist in the NHS in both a Long-Term Conditions (LTC) Mental Health Service and in an Adult Mental Health Service. Before undertaking CBT training, I worked as a Psychological Wellbeing Practitioner in an NHS IAPT Mental Health Service. I hold degrees in Psychology and Health Psychology and have undertaken research in the areas of long-term psychological outcomes of children with low-grade brain tumours, and in the field of positive psychology.
My special interests are in treating obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD) , health anxiety and generalised anxiety disorder (GAD).
- Post-Graduate Diploma in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (Oxford University)
- MSc Health Psychology (Southampton University)
- BSc Psychology with Counselling (1st class Hons)
- Certificate in Counselling Skills
Recent Additional Training
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy
- DBT Skills Course
- Becoming Assertive: Helping clients and learning a thing or two yourself (Oxford Cognitive Therapy Centre)
- Worried Sick? Hybrid Transdiagnostic-Specific Therapy in Medical Settings, Including Medically Unexplained Symptoms and Long-Term Physical Health Problems (Oxford Cognitive Therapy Centre)
- Working with Dissociation (BABCP)
- New Ways of Working with Depression: A Masterclass (Newcastle CBT Centre)
- Safeguarding Children and Adults
- CBT Boot Camp (Padesky)
I am also accredited with the leading organisation for CBT in the UK, the British Association for Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapies (BABCP)